Striking Out On Their Own: Women Entrepreneurs in Canada
The number of women entrepreneurs in Canada is growing steadily. Four of five new businesses are started by women, and women now represent on of the fastest-growing segments of the business community.
If you’re one of them- or are planning to start your own business- it’s important to know what it takes to succeed, what you’re getting into, where to get the information you need and how to get connected with like-minded people. It also helps to be familiar with the rewards and challenges you will face on the road to your own personal success.
Women Entrepreneurs in Canada: A snapshot
- how many firms are female owned today?
- how has that number changed over time?
- what is the average age of a self-employed woman?
- what sectors are the involved in?
- how does their income measure up to that of men?