Keeping Water From Running Down The Drain This World Water Day
Greater Victoria enjoys some of the best quality drinking water in the world at a reasonable cost, but maintaining this critical resource requires each of us to use water with care.
Benefits of Water Conservation
- Lower water and energy bills by reducing your metered usage.
- Enhanced drinking water quality by maintaining higher levels in Sooke Lake.
- Less environmental impact by deferring the need to supply water from new sources and by reducing the energy and materials required to treat and deliver water.
Top 5 Ways to Save Water at Home
- Replace your old bathroom fixtures to more efficient models.
- Regularly check your home for leaks.
- Replace your old clothes washing machine for a high-efficiency model.
- Let your lawn go golden and be water wise outside.
- Never run a dishwasher without a full load.
Read the Capital Region District’s guidelines on how to be water smart here
You would be surprised at how changing small habits can have a big impact!