Sustainable Investing, Royal Roads University
February 5, 2008
Royal Roads Continuing Education
What are the environmental or social impacts of your investments? Do you know how climate change is affecting your retirement income? Your investment choices make a difference. Learn how applying environmental, social and governance criteria (ESG) to the selection of your investments can reduce your risk and make the world a better place. This course will give you the knowledge and tools to ask the right questions to ensure you are investing in a sustainable way that matches your values.
- History, an overview of ethical/socially responsible/sustainable/ESG investing
- Fiduciary duty
- Who else is doing it?
- Words and terminology – the language
- Developing your investment value criteria and the screening process
- Shareholder engagement
- Returns-how much do I need?
- Choosing your investments and monitoring progress
- Choosing a financial coach
Facilitated by Stephen Whipp. (Stephen will be donating his facilitator fees to the Dogwood Initiative.)
Length: 3-2 hour sessions
Date: Tuesdays, February 5,12 & 19, 2008
Times: 7 pm – 9 pm
Cost: $75 + GST
Register by Friday, November 2, 2007.
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »