Saturday, Nov 27: Introduction to Sustainable Investing: Matching Your Money to Your Values
Where Royal Roads University | Date Sat, Nov 27, 2010 | Times 1pm – 5pm | Cost: $55 (tax exempt)
Best to Register By Saturday, Nov 13, 2010
What are the environmental or social impacts of your investments? Do you know how climate change is affecting your retirement income? Your investment choices make a difference. Learn how applying environmental, social and governance criteria (ESG) to the selection of your investments can reduce your risk and make the world a better place. This course will give you the knowledge and tools to ask the right questions to ensure you are investing in a sustainable way that matches your values.
- History and overview of ethical/socially responsible/sustainable/ESG investing
- Fiduciary duty
- Who else is doing it?
- Words and terminology – the language
- Developing your investment value criteria
- The screening process
- Shareholder engagement
- Returns – how much do I need?
- Choosing your investments
- Monitoring progress
- Choosing a financial coach
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »