October 4th: Stephen Whipp at Gaining Ground 2010
THE RIGHTS OF THE SHAREHOLDER: WHY CORPORATE BEHAVIOUR IS YOUR BUSINESS
- How businesses’ environmental, social and governance policies can affect you
- How irresponsible corporate planning risks your investments
- How pension plans are involved with tobacco, mining, and other industries
- How green investing helps progressive investors support social change while building wealth
- How to use your shareholder rights to improve business practices & create progressive change
- How micro-lending is changing how people do business
- How to look at your investments and see if they are at risk
Admission by Suggested Donation ($20) with funds to Amnesty International.
Date: October 4, 2010
Location: Segal Graduate School of Business | Simon Fraser University | 500 Granville Street | Vancouver, British Columbia
Time: 4:30pm – 5:30 pm
Register here or call 250-405-3550
Before coming to financial planning in 1996. Steve dedicated over 20 years to environmental, justice, community and aboriginal issues in various parts of Canada. He has worked for aboriginal organizations in northern B.C. and the N.W.T.; covered social issues as a journalist and advocated on northern and environmental issues on Parliament Hill. Now, as Managing Director of Responsible Asset Management at Wolverton Securities Ltd., Stephen’s financial practice takes all he learned as an activist and focuses strictly on socially responsible investing. He works with individuals and non profits to create wealth while respecting their values. Stephen is active in his community as Vice-President of the West Shore Chamber of Commerce.
About Stephen Whipp Financial
Stephen Whipp, CFP, Managing Director, Stephen Whipp Financial, Responsible Asset Management, Wolverton Securities Ltd. , works with progressive investors to create, inspire and support social change while building wealth. We help you plan your finances and invest your money to match your values. We use values-based financial planning, ethical investment products and insurance as tools to educate, challenge and empower. Our unique activist approach creates synergies among diverse individuals, businesses and institutions committed to making a positive difference in their own financial lives and the world at large.
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »