May 11, 18, 25: WEBINAR: First Nations and Carbon
The Centre for Environment, in collaboration with The First Nations Carbon Collaborative (FNCC) will present a free webinar series to learn more about carbon trading, financing and carbon projects.
The purpose of the First Nations and Carbon webinar series is to bring together First Nations, carbon specialists, government and environmental groups to share information regarding their projects and policies for carbon and emissions trading, science and financing.
The webinar series will be offered every Wednesday from 12:00 to 1:30 PM (CST) beginning on April 20 and ending on May 25, 2011.
Registration is now open here
The webinar is open to all at no cost.
• National Chief Shawn A-In-chut Atleo (Assembly of First Nations)
• Grand Chief Edward John (North American Representative to the United Nations Permanent Forum)
• Vice Tribal Chief Terry Teegee (Carrier Sekani Tribal Council)
• Gary Bull (Professor, University of British Columbia)
• National Aboriginal Forestry Association
• Rob Miller and Barbara Hendrickson (Miller Titerle LLP)
• Robert Falls (ERA – Ecosystem Restoration Associates)
• Shawn Burns (Carbon Credit Corp)
• Neil Hughes (Ecotrust Canada)
• First Nations from across Canada
For more information visit www.cstc.bc.ca, www.iisd.org, www.cier.ca or www.environment.utoronto.ca
- Carrier Sekani Tribal Council – www.cstc.bc.ca
- Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources – www.cier.ca
- International Institute for Sustainable Development – www.iisd.org
- Poplar River First Nation – http://www.poplarriverfirstnation.ca/
- Tåîchô Government – http://www.tlicho.ca/
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »