Living the New Economy
Nov 29-Dec 5 2013
The Healing Cities Institute and EcoDesign Resource Society are hosting a week of events in Victoria, Nov 29-Dec 5, 2013, designed to energize, accelerate and celebrate the people, institutions and collaborations that are bringing a new economic movement to life.
These events will inspire new collaborations, facilitate new project partnerships, accelerate the work of social entrepreneurs, and showcase local innovation.
Check out the 7 day program.
The “New Economy” encompasses:
- economic activities that bring the human economy into greater balance with our natural ecosystems;
- a movement towards a more equitable economic arrangement for people and communities, including more collaborative and distributed forms of ownership and greater economic democracy;
- the building of economic, physical and social resilience in local economies and communities;
- the “sharing economy”, which includes collaborative consumption and the restoration of a more human and social element to economic transactions and other economic activities;
- and the use of new technologies, especially communications and internet-based technologies, to make all of the above possible in ways they haven’t been before.
Find out more about the event at http://neweconomy.ca/
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »