ISLAND CHEFS' COLLABORATIVE FOOD FEST
June 10, 2012
June 10th, Noon – 4 PM, Fort Rodd Hill, Colwood
Join some of the Island’s top chefs to “Eat Food & Fund Farms” at the Island Chefs 5th Annual Fundraiser. A highlight of Vancouver Island’s festival year — chefs from some of the finest restaurants on the West Coast are working together to raise public awareness of local sustainability issues and support for locally produced food.
See website for more info.
About the Island Chefs’ Collaborative
Our vision is a local and sustainable, food and agriculture system.
Local — Activities of The Island Chefs Collaborative are focused within the boundaries of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
Sustainable — The ability of our region to provide food for present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their food needs.
System — All providers, distributors and consumers of agriculture, food products
To help create an environment where independent local food producers can prosper.
- Actively purchasing from our suppliers.
- Aiding suppliers efforts with money raised through icc events.
- Bringing chefs and farmers together as partners.
- Increasing consumer awareness of locally produced foodstuffs by featuring them on our menus and promoting them in our businesses.
- Educating the public about the ecological and economic benefits of buying locally.
To act as an open and inclusive organisation.
- Focus on local needs and local action.
- Maintain a broadly based membership of chefs, food industry professionals and individuals who share our values and concerns.
- Used a collaborative working style giving all points of view a full voice.
- Are committed to actively accomplishing the goals set out in our mission statement.
- Take a thoughtful, balanced approach to the issues based on economic concerns and the practical experience of our members.
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »