NEW DATE: Financial Planning to Build Wealth, Manage Risk & Build a Better World
March 3, 2012
What does the changing world have to do with your investments? More than you think. Learn how changing social and environmental landscapes- from China to BP- can affect your retirement and
how to plan around it. By looking at your portfolio through a socially responsible or ‘values based’ lens, you can learn how to manage financial risk and drive change.
This course will give you the knowledge and tools to ask the right questions to ensure you are investing in a way that matches your values while taking care of your investments.
• History, an overview of ethical/socially responsible/sustainable/ESG investing
• Who else is doing it?
• How are global events affecting Canadian markets?
• Words and terminology – the language
• Developing your investment value criteria and the screening process
• Shareholder engagement- you have a vote
• Returns-how much do I need?
• Choosing your investments and monitoring progress
• Choosing a financial coach
• Understanding of the principles of socially responsible investing
• Understanding of the links between global events and stock markets
• Understanding of the various tools that exist to lower risk in your portfolio
- Length: 2 hrs
- Date: Sat, March 3, 2012
- Times: 10am – 12pm
- Cost: $55 + applicable taxes
- Best to Register By: Feb 28, 2012
Register online using Visa or MasterCard; or by telephone, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at 250-391-2600, ext. 4801; or Toll Free at 1-866-890-0220.
You are welcome to come by in person to the Continuing Studies reception area in the Grant Building, 2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC, Canada V9B 5Y2
Stephen Whipp believes passionately that people working together for the common good CAN change the world. Originally trained as a journalist, Stephen spent 20 years actively dedicated to environmental, justice, community and aboriginal issues. These experiences, along with his personal integrity and progressive values, shape his practice of values-based financial planning and ethical investing. Managing Director of Responsible Asset Management at Wolverton Securities Ltd. on Victoria’s Westshore, Steve is a frequent speaker on ethical investing throughout BC and beyond. He is a board member with the Social Investment Organization, incoming President of the Westshore Chamber of Commerce and advisory committee member at the Eric Douglass Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies at Royal Roads University.
View all Upcoming Events & Seminars »